What’s your Chica Power? Tell Latinitas what your “Chica Power” is in a short video and be entered to earn a $500 Scholarship and a spotlight at the Party For Chica Power this summer!
If you have participated in Latinitas and want to share your goals, interests, or engagement in your community, submit a short video of yourself answering the prompt: What is your chica power?
The winner will receive the Chica Power Award, which includes a $500 Scholarship and a ticket to the Latinitas Party For Chica Power on Saturday, April 27 at the Center for Social Innovation.
Videos must be submitted by Friday, April 12.
- Ages 14 – 23
- Must be available to attend the Party For Chica Power on Saturday, April 27
- Must have participated in at least one of the following Latinitas programs:
- Club Latinitas
- Summer Camps
- Chica Conferences
Your Video Will Include
Videos submitted should be 30 to 60 seconds and contain the following:
- A brief description of yourself – State your name, age, and where you are from.
- What’s your first Latinitas experience? – Provide the name(s) of the Latinitas programs you participated in and how they impacted you. What did you learn? What did you like the most?
- Describe your “Chica Power” and how it positively impacts your community
Action: Shooting Your Video!
Below are some recommendations for your video submissions. All videos will be reviewed by a panel and may be presented at Latinitas Party for Chica Power on Saturday, April 27, 2019 or other public events.
- You may use a digital camera, cell phone or tablet/laptop to record your video
- For phone or tablets, please use the landscape view for public presentation purposes
- If available, we recommend a tripod or a minimum use of “found footage” style
- We recommend regular room lighting and avoiding strong contrasting lighting
- Natural or large window lighting works best
- If possible, have your light source in front of you and not behind you
- If possible, use a microphone for outside spaces or large rooms
- Try to keep audio consistent throughout your video
- Voiceover or narration is also allowed
- If possible, show us your power in addition to telling us
- Feel free to include examples verbally or visually
- If possible, maintain a good distance on your subject. Waist or chest up is recommended
How to Submit
- Completed videos may be uploaded to YouTube listed as an unlisted video
- Please e-mail the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A link to your unlisted video on YouTube (30-60 seconds)
- A brief bio (100 words or less)
- Your headshot (high resolution headshots are highly encouraged to submit)
For questions or comments, contact email@example.com or call the Latinitas Austin office at (512) 900-0304. Don’t forget to have fun!